Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Enough is enough already

  1. #31
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am just thankful that there wasn't anything more important to talk about then Snow. I remember a day not so long ago that thousands of people would have preferred to talk about a snow storm.

    No news is good news as the saying goes.

  2. #32
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    I am just thankful that there wasn't anything more important to talk about then Snow. . . . No news is good news as the saying goes.

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There was some very interesting news (though sad) involving Dick Cheney and his friend Harry Whittington this weekend.

    I'm avoiding the news as much as I can, though--the newscasters keep giving away who wins all the Olympic events--very nasty of them!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 13, 2006 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  3. #33
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm also surprised that our blizzard was "news" in other states that are not affected by it. Sorry! Anyway, I worked at the hospital this weekend and just prayed that the next shift would make it in so I could get home. I could barely see 2 feet in front of me driving! It was crazy. The first thing I did when I got in was to make sure my girls got to experience it.

    snow

    And this is what they saw happening Sunday morning in Brooklyn! (Those mounds are the parked cars).
    snow3

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Meanie Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have to agree about how crazy the media gets with weather coverage in the Northeast. I used to live in NJ and they would start with the doom and gloom talk a day before the storm even gets there. We used to have women call in for work due to "weather" before there was even a flake on the ground because of these grand predictions. It was just silly. I just don't see why people are so "surprised" or caught off gaurd when it snows. For goodness sakes, it's winter!

    Side note...I wish we cold get some of that snow! My kids all got new sleds this year and have yet to use them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Meanie Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry [img]smile.gif[/img] For some reason that posted twice!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 14, 2006 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Meanie Genie ]</font>

  6. #36
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm just glad the whole thing is over. Our furnace went out Sun. night and the repair guy couldn't get his van up our road, even though it had been plowed. We had to walk down the hill and help him carry his tools to the house. He was very good-natured about the whole thing and did get the furnace working but yesterday morning the UPS truck slid down the hill in what could have been a very nasty accident. Our plower finally got to us with sand yesterday pm. I've been here over twenty years and this was only the second storm that made me feel marooned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •